No No No …I don’t hate engineers (or engineering students as such) But I have come to a general conclusion that everyone in the world hates engineers. Exception of 2 categories, if
Category 1 : You yourself are an engineer
Category 2 : You are somehow related to an engineer to trying to get related in the near future(You know what I mean 😛 )
Other people for sure hate engineer’s .Don’t agree with me. I will give you a few examples to prove my point as I have had my few share of experiences.
Now one of the first category of ESH group (Engineering student haters) comes are the medical students. Now they think it is them who toil day in and day out and we (engineering students) go to the college to get your skin tanned on the beach.
My affectionate reply to them is come-on you only have to remember related terms – blood, brains and stuff (related considering we all have them) but poor engineering students have to remember irrelevant stuff viz. Dielectric materials, ratio of concrete and water, iron in an alloy and I am pretty sure too that we can’t apply KVL or KCL in our body. So Medi’s grow up your syllabus is much easier.
and when you do your practical’s you are pretty sure that the person (or corpse as you may call or may be “subject”) has all its parts in place whereas when we do ours we are pretty sure that even after the circuits are at place yet the breadboard may betray you.
Now one of my favorites the commerce gang, well I do have a friend who says Engineers are BOring – And I am like WHAT???? They even say,
Arguing with an Engineer is a lot like wrestling in the mud with a pig: After a few hours, you realize the pig likes it.
According to this crowd the mathematics of engineering student is better than a third grader but always worse than a commerce aspirant. Come on people anybody can add up a few numbers written column wise. I mean that type of maths is done by engineers as morning breakfast.
They think they are cooler than engineers. OK agreed you can enjoy more liberal hours as such. You might know about the latest release in the theatre but it takes “class” to know what is happening around the globe. And I mean things other than just fashion. But I have done my part of research and this is what I concluded:
One, the girls are cool there because they know there is some poor chap in the world who is doing engineering – who will; marry them. And two, the boys are jealous because, well… the girls for whom they take all the troubles to come to college are looking to settle with engineers in the near future.
Arts category – Whatever!!!! Guys the scores you get… I mean engineers use calculators that have more buttons than your attendance in lectures. No offence, but still you know it. And my study also tells me that 99 % of the affairs (or relationships) taking birth in arts stream have a difficult chance of even surviving through the academic year, the rest 1 % survive because … God knows why?
And 99.99 % of the relationships in engineering stream survive till the end (considering both are engineers) and (by the word end, I don’t know whose end I am referring to) because relationships grow strong through difficult situations and what can be more difficult than engineering (sine I have proved Science is not difficult.)
Now the other categories: there are also a few other exceptional categories that think of engineering students and boring or geeks. But common guys your views are insignificant after all you belong to the “others” category.
And yes there is even hatred within the students of engineering as well – like comps never like EXTC , IT and comps never share the same enthusiasm or Mech’s have friends with ….. Well…. Mech’s
I would have written about it, but that’s internal affairs….ssshhhhhhhh…….